Assistant Professor - Tenure Track (#208)
Summary of Duties
The Marywood University Graduate Department of Psychology and Counseling is seeking a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Counselor Education to begin August of 2021 in our CACREP accredited graduate counseling program.
Primary responsibilities include: teaching, service, and scholarship. Applicants should be able to demonstrate a willingness and ability to engage in all three areas as they relate to the program and university mission. Graduate-level teaching opportunities may include Counseling Ethics, Foundational and Advanced Counseling Techniques, Research Methods in Counseling, and Group Counseling, among other courses as needed. Applicants may also have opportunities to develop new courses based on program needs and their interest areas.
Marywood University is a comprehensive Catholic institution sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, located in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Additional information about the University and department is available at www.marywood.edu or www.marywood.edu/counseling/.
- A Ph.D. from a CACREP accredited doctoral program. Candidates who are ABD will be considered (degree must be completed by the time of hire).
- School counseling certification and/or counseling licensure.
Work Experience Requirements
- Ability to teach graduate-level courses in the Marywood University counseling program.
- Ability to supervise/mentor students in internship or practicum field placements.
- Ability to advise graduate students in counseling.
- Ability to teach at least one undergraduate course per year in the Counseling Minor.
- Ability to work with clinical mental health and school counseling students.
- Ability to promote Marywood’s mission and core values as they reflect the fields of counseling and counselor education.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience in counseling (Clinical Mental Health and/or School Counseling).
- Experience teaching at the graduate level.
- Experience with online and hybrid teaching.
- Experience in scholarship and service to the field of counseling/counselor education.
- Membership and service with Chi Sigma Iota and other counseling professional organizations.
Letter of application, curriculum vitae, official transcripts, teaching evaluations (if available), names, phone numbers and email addresses of three (3) references.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Professor - Tenure Track online