What Does SGA Do?
- Advocate for the undergraduate student body to address their needs and concerns.
- Work as a liaison between the students and university administration.
- Achieve both cosmetic and academic improvements on campus to enhance the overall student experience.
- Act as a financial resource for recognized student clubs and organizations.
- Encourage students to be the positive change on campus!
Notable Goals Accomplished by SGA
- Provided supplemental funding to 43 clubs and organizations
- Created two, large Marywood outdoor murals
- Improved technology and aesthetics to the Fireplace Lounge, including an 82” Multimedia TV, large rug, and decor
- Coordinated a free self-defense class open to all Marywood students
- Purchased diaper changing stations in restrooms for students with children (Gym and Learning Commons locations)
- Purchased handicapped-accessible picnic tables and umbrellas for the Amphitheater
- Submitted a letter of support for the proposed changes to the Core Curriculum and arranged for two student representatives to sit on the university's Core Curriculum Committee
- Submitted a proposal to extend the Gym hours
- Promoted Pacer Pride through Maxis' Birthday Party, Spirit Weeks and athletic Fan Zones
- Hosted a third annual, campus-wide Day of Caring
- ... and much more!
Want us to work on something you feel is important? Let us know!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org