Welcome to the Writing Center
Learning Commons 264
The Writing Center is staffed by peer tutors, who are Marywood students themselves and understand the challenges of academic writing. Although staff is currently not trained in the specific needs of English Language Learners, the peer tutors can help you with a number of aspects of writing, including:
- Understanding the demands of a writing assignment
- Brainstorming topic ideas
- Formulating or clarifying a thesis
- Clarifying ideas and wording
- Organizing paragraphs
- Developing ideas
- Integrating and citing sources
- Learning to revise and proofread your own paper
Peer Tutor Appointments
Writing Support Specialist
Students seeking professional level support can make an appointment with Katie McNulty, the Writing Support Specialist. There are multiple ways to make and attend an appointment. Please plan your visit in advance.
- The Writing Support Specialist is available for appointments and communication during schedule hours.
- Open the Writing Specialist’s appointment calendar to see available and remaining times during your preferred week.
- Select your preferred appointment time through the calendar. Please do not reserve an appointment time if you are unsure you can make it, and please email Writingcenter@maryu.marywood.edu immediately if you must cancel.
- If you are a student who does not attend courses on campus, please reserve your preferred time from the calendar. Please specify need for a virtual meet and email any relevant assignment materials including professor, class, drafts, rubrics, and directions. A Google Meet link will be added to your appointment reservation. Please check your email and click the link at your scheduled time.
- Live appointments are recommended, but if you are unable to attend an appointment during any of the hours below, not because one has already been filled, and you require assistance via email, you must email all relevant materials and specific feedback requested at least one week before you wish to hear back.
- If you require one-on-one assistance and cannot meet during the Writing Specialist’s scheduled hours, please visit the Peer Writing Tutor Calendar and email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Fall 2021 Semester Writing Specialist Schedule
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
1:30 PM – 5:00 PM
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
3:30PM – 5:00PM
1:00PM – 3:00PM
The Writing Center is open to all Marywood Students.