Financial Aid: Grants


Marywood University awards grant funding from a variety of sources including funds from the federal government, funds from PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency), and institutional funds from Marywood.

Students do not need to apply separately for grants. You are considered automatically based on the information you submit when you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

For information about federal student aid from the U.S. Department of Education, visit

Federal Pell Grant

Pell is a federal grant administered by the Financial Aid Office. It is awarded to undergraduate students who have not yet earned a bachelor's or professional degree. The current maximum award effective with the 2021-22 academic year is $6,345. You may receive $6,345 or less, depending on your need and your enrollment. For example, you will receive less as a part-time student than you will as a full-time student.


The maximum number of years a student may receive a Federal Pell Grant is the "equivalent of six years." For information on how to calculate the "equivalent of six years" please visit Federal Student Aid: Pell Grants.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

This is a grant for undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree. Students must also be eligible for Pell, but not every student receiving Pell will receive FSEOG. Awards are given to the students who demonstrate the most need, according to the availability of funding. Priority filing date is February 15th of each year.

State Grants

State grant award levels and eligibility criteria are controlled by the awarding state. Generally, state grants are awarded on the basis of need and limited to students attending schools within their own state of residence. Some states, such as Delaware and Massachusetts, have reciprocity (interchangeable) agreements with Pennsylvania. For information about your state's reciprocity agreements, contact your state agency.

Marywood University Liguori Grants

Marywood awards grants based on financial need as determined by information found on the FAFSA. They may be adjusted annually based on a student's/family's financial situation. Students must file a FAFSA in order to be considered for a Liguori Grant for a given academic year. Grants do not have to be repaid.